Monday, May 2, 2011

Musical Alphabet - A

Three "A"-themed tracks for your listening pleasure...

The Apples In Stereo - "Energy"

This song always reminds me of a School House Rock video.  It's fun, upbeat, and I keep finding myself singing, "...and the world is made of energy | and there's a light inside of you | and there's a light inside of me."



1990s - "Arcade Precinct"

A three-piece indie rock band from Glasgow, Scotland.  Their song, "See You At The Lights," climbed as high as #106 on the UK charts, but I like this song (off of the same album) even better than the released single.



Airbourne - "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast"

You may have thought that big-hair rock died out in the eighties.  Apparently, Airbourne didn't get that message.  It's not so much that they're inspired by bands like AC/DC, but that they seem to be this generation's attempt to create a sequel to those bands.  Let's just say that it's really obvious where Airbourne drew its inspiration when they formed the group.  I have a feeling that I make the same faces their lead singer makes when I play air guitar to "Back in Black."


No comments:

Post a Comment