Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The No Excuses Workout - Day 17

I'm two and a half weeks in, have dropped almost a full size (pants and shirts) and have lean muscle popping up everywhere.  While I eat a reasonably healthy diet, this stretch of road saw cheeseburgers for dinner two different nights and me devouring an entire pint Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream.  That doesn't mean that I can eat anything I want, whenever I want - but it does mean that my workout (even just Phase One) is a "lifestyle workout" and not just a quick fix.  Once or twice a week I can deviate from reasonably healthy choices, indulge my cravings, and still see significant progress.

AM Workout

Table Top - three times (from Day One)
Hug and Release - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Three)
Elevation - three times (from Day Four)
Lift - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Five)
Tic Toc - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Six)
Plank - three times (from Day Eight)
Tiny - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Nine)
Hang - three times (from Day Ten)
Bend - three times (from Day Eleven)
Reach - three times (from Day Thirteen)
Pushup - one time, ten repetitions (from Day Thirteen)
Frog Crunch - one time, ten repetitions (from Day Sixteen)

New Exercise: Alternating Crunch

Continuing from the same position as the Alternating Crunch, I move my knees together and make sure that my navel is still pulled toward my spine and my lower back is pressed into the floor.  I lace my fingers together behind my head and, curling my torso upward, attempt to touch my right elbow to my left knee (keeping my navel pulled toward my spine and my lower back pressed into the floor at all times).  I then lower myself to my starting position and repeat the movement on the opposite side, attempting to touch my left elbow to my right knee.  I then return to the starting position.  That's one repetition.  Today I did ten repetitions.  Each movement is performed slowly for four counts.

Cardio

Same as yesterday.  As long as I'm going at a pace equal to or greater than Walking With Purpose, all that matters is that I do it for at least twenty minutes.  The rest takes care of itself.

PM Workout

Twist (No Shout) - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Two)
Bobble Head - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Three)
Too Sexy - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Four)
Popeye - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Five)
Kick Back - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Eight)
Flight - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Nine)
Pump - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Ten)
Chair one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Eleven)
Good Morning - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Fourteen)
Lower - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Fifteen)
Side Punch - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Sixteen)
Front Punch - one time, twenty repetitions (from Day Sixteen)

New Exercise - Cross Punch

I start this from the same position as the other Punches (my feet a comfortable distance apart, standing tall with my navel pulled toward my spine).  I pick a target about shoulder level approximately two feet in front of me and a foot to my left.  Slowly striking with my right fist (and flexing my muscles throughout the movement) I aim for the target, rolling my fist over so that it faces palm down and shifting my weight to m left foot.  My left knee ends up slightly bent and my right leg somewhat extended.  I then reverse the process and return to my starting position before repeating the movement with my left hand (to my right side).  Each left/right alternating movement is one repetition.  I'll do twenty this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment